You can absolutely do SEO yourself. With some research and lots of practice, anyone can learn how to do SEO for their business. Before you start, it’s important to understand some SEO fundamentals, like the ones illustrated in this guide. If you need the help of an expert SEO services company, contact 5280 Software LLC today! We are a professional SEO services company with clients around the world!
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of making a website easier to understand and friendlier for users to use. Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing rank your website based on many factors. First, the main motive of Search Engine Optimization is creating good content and natural link building. Second, in order to maintain consistent rankings for keywords related your website, it’s important to understand the fundamentals of search engine optimization and how websites are ranked. The best digital marketing companies on the market should be able to help you achieve the highest rankings over time.
THE MOST IMPORTANT SEO TYPES
The most important SEO types are: Technical, On Page and Off Page SEO as shown in the diagram below.
1. Technical SEO
Technical SEO is exactly what the name implies i.e. technical parameters that affect the visibility of a website in search engines. The main goal of technical SEO is to ensure that search engine crawlers can crawl and index a website without any problems. SEO companies should have expert website developers and designers to make sure your technical SEO is taken care of first.
The most important technical SEO guidelines are:
- Check and optimize your robots.txt to make sure that search engines can correctly access your website.
- Add and verify your website with Google Search Console and specify your preferred domain.
- Use the COVERAGE report to find and fix crawl errors.
- Create an XML Sitemap and submit to all major search engines.
- Optimize your site structure and URL structure.
- Follow SEO Friendly web design
- Create websites that load fast on both desktop and mobile devices.
2. On–page optimization.
On-Page SEO has to do with the page itself and how to make it friendlier to search engines and users. This is the base of Search Engine Optimization. If a website has good onsite SEO optimization the SEO campaign results will happen quickly. Basically, for on-page optimization you must have knowledge of HTML, website design and website development. Lastly, it’s important to pay attention to the optimization of each and every page on your website.
The most important on-page SEO guidelines are:
- Optimize your page titles. This is a critical SEO factor. Page titles are shown in the search results and should be interesting for users to click. The title of a page should also give search engine bots enough clues on what the page content is all about. This is one of the key technical SEO elements that needs to be covered in your SEO work.
- Optimize your H1 Tag. While the page title is shown in the SERPS, the H1 tag is what is shown as the top heading of a page. An optimized page has only one H1 tag and usually it has the same values as the page title. The best SEO companies like 5280 Software LLC will make sure your Tags are optimized.
- Optimize your headings. Besides the H1 tag a page needs to have sub headings (H2, H3) for the different sections. In case of long form content, subheadings make the page easier to read by users and scan by crawlers. Parts of the page and blog content that use headings properly play a major role in successful SEO marketing.
- SEO for Images. Any images used on a page should be properly optimized, otherwise search engines cannot understand what they represent. Things like optimizing the filename, file size and ALT text are critical for image SEO. Both national and local SEO can really utilize the help provided by properly named images as well as their corresponding tags. Image SEO strategies are applied to both content on your website as well as to your social media posts.
- Page formatting. Publishing a page with text and images without spending time to beautify the content is not a good SEO practice. Although Google cannot “see” a page like a human, they have ways to understand how a page looks or if it’s full of ads and popups and this is taken into account during the ranking process. A professional SEO services company like 5280 Software LLC can create a better online marketing strategy for your business.
3. Off page optimization.
Off-page SEO is all about promotion. While the previous SEO types concentrated more on the website infrastructure and content, off-page SEO has to do with techniques you can use to promote your website on the Internet. Furthermore, websites that are popular are more likely to rank higher on Google than less popular websites. Our talented SEO professionals can help you with all the off-page tasks to get your website ranked on the first page of Google and other search engines.
The most important off-page SEO methods are:
1. Link Building. Link building is the process of getting SEO backlinks from other websites. These backlinks act as “votes of trust” and increase the authority of the target website (provided that they don’t have the nofollow attribute attached to the link). A professional SEO company should build many backlinks every month. This is an ongoing process that a professional SEO agency should be doing for you.
2. Brand Promotion. Google likes to rank known brands high in the results because people trust them. Besides promoting your website to get backlinks, you should also work on promoting your brand and encourage conversations about it in the various social media networks and forums. Google can pick up these signals and reward websites that people talk about. A sound SEO strategy should help build brand recognition and drive traffic to your website.
HOW SEARCH ENGINES WORK:
Search engines are universal in today’s hyper connected world but how they work is still a mystery to the majority of the people who use them. At their core, search engines work by crawling websites using a spider (or bot) and indexing them in their database. When a user enters a query, the search engine will display web pages and content that the index has ranked as the most relevant according to the keywords in user’s search query. Our digital marketing team can help you get to the top of the search engine results page while providing regular reports throughout the SEO project.
Search engines are constantly updating and tweaking their algorithms and how they rank websites; their only purpose is providing users with relevant content. When you are optimizing your website for search engines, your number one goal should be to provide users with a relevant content and a pleasant experience. SEO online marketing services offered by 5280 Software LLC use white hat methods and study the latest trends on algorithm updates. For example, our CEO posted this video about the newest Google algorithm update in March of this year.
A search engine query is when a user enters a specific keyword or phrase into a search engine. By their definition, a query happens when someone is looking for information.
A primary function of search engines is to use an automated program called a “spider” — also known as a ‘bot’ or ‘crawler’ — that travels through the internet and gathers information about a website or web page. Page-by-page Crawlers move through the website and will scrape (or read) the information on one page and then move to another page based on the information it finds on the first page. Website navigation and hierarchy is important for bots but also for users too! Crawling isn’t just the automated process of scraping website data; search engine bots are looking to see if a website is easy for users to navigate. Our organic SEO company will make sure the data that is being scraped is optimized to the fullest.
After the “spider” has finished crawling the website, the index next step is to the results in the search engine’s database. The crawler will analyze the results it finds and then set sort the information based on the site content. The index information is then stored in a huge database. The index contains all the information that a search engine will use when someone makes a search query. A reliable SEO agency needs to make sure the spiders are reading how well your website is designed and optimized.
BENEFITS OF SEO.
So — SEO can help you improve your rankings in search engine results. This has the potential to make a huge impact on your company’s most important goals, like increasing your leads and sales. But if you’re not convinced, keep reading to learn five of the biggest benefits of optimizing your site for search.
1. SEO targets quality traffic:
The best online marketing strategy begins with choosing the right digital marketing team. We have years of experience and satisfied clients around the world!
Unlike traditional “outbound” advertising channels, which involve reaching out to consumers whether they want to hear from you or not, inbound methods center on making it easy for your audience to find you when they want information. After all, who do you think is going to be more receptive to your marketing efforts: Someone who sees your ad on a billboard during their commute, or someone who comes across a list of tips you published while searching for help online? The answer is clear. Our digital marketing team can craft the perfect message to drive more traffic to your website, gain new clients, and increase your revenue.
2. You don’t need to pay for ads in SEO:
Google’s organic rankings are based entirely on what its algorithm determines to be the best results for any given query. Technical SEO elements are a big factor in how the algorithm ranks your website.
This means that once you’ve created a page that the search engine deems worthy of directing their users to, it can continue to attract traffic to your site for months (or even years) after you publish it. We are an organic SEO firm that can help you with the best content for your blog. This blog traffic is built using an SEO strategy specific to your niche and types of products or services you well. Watch this video on some tips on how to write the perfect blog post.
Of course, researching and writing high-quality content requires an investment. That investment will either be in the form of time, if you choose to create it yourself, or money, if you choose to hire a digital marketing agency to create it for you. But once you’ve made that initial investment, there’s no ongoing cost to keep attracting traffic to your content.
3. SEO gets more clicks than PPC:
It’s difficult to say why this is, though the most logical conclusion is that users trust Google’s algorithm. They know which spots advertisers are paying for, and they choose to instead visit the pages the search engine has determined to be the best. Of course, this is just conjecture. But regardless of the reasoning behind it, the fact is that the majority of the clicks for any given search go to an organic result.
4. SEO helps PR
Although SEO and PR may seem like entirely separate marketing strategies, you can use them together to maximize the results you see from each. The biggest connection between the two lies in link building. And considering that a PR strategy revolves around getting prominent publications and influencers to talk about your company, this presents a huge opportunity. When you use link building research to find new ways to get your brand in front of consumers, you’ll be much more effective in distributing content to potential customers and clients.
5. You can move ahead of the competition
Today, SEO is widely considered a staple of any marketing strategy. SEO is the cornerstone of the best online marketing strategy.
In fact, 61% of marketers say that improving their SEO and improving their online presence is a top priority. This means that your competitors are likely already taking steps to establish high rankings in search results. 5280 Software LLC can deliver national professional SEO strategies as well as local strategies for any type of business.
It’s important to follow each search engines best practices. As a general rule, search engines will reward websites who follow their guidelines with higher rankings in search results and will penalize websites that don’t. Ensuring that your website complies with their standards will help your site rank better and keep it from being penalized.
About 5280 Software LLC:
5280 Software LLC, located in Denver, Colorado is a premier software development firm. We have worked with a variety of clients over the years. Our expert team of developers have helped small to medium sized businesses, startups, as well as enterprise level clients such as RingCentral. If you are looking to build a mobile app, we can deliver flawless apple ios mobile apps as well as android mobile apps. These apps can be designed for smartphones, ipad and android tablets, wearable such as smart watches, and even smart TVs. The power of a well-designed app to gain new customers is key in today’s market. We help execute your app development to perfection. A website is powerful tool for branding and showcasing the products or services you offer. We can build you a WordPress, E-Commerce, or custom coded website at competitive prices.
Once the site is launched, or if you already have a website, we offer Search Engine Optimization Services to achieve higher search engine rankings. Contact us today with your website’s URL and we will put together a free SEO analysis of your site with pricing and timeline to get your site ranked on the first page of Google and other search engines. Our experienced and dedicated team has a proven track record and provide regular reporting on tasks completed and keyword movements during your SEO project. Our expert SEO services team help businesses and companies gain rankings on all the major search engines.
Do you notice your competitors are posting on almost a daily basis on social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter? It is crucial to post often to social media. This shows users that you are serious about building your brand. This task also builds your authority in your niche. By sharing updates about your products and services you drive traffic to your website. If you are overwhelmed (as most business owners are) with the daily tasks of running your business and don’t have time to run your business’ social media campaigns we can help. Our social media marketing services are cheaper than having a salaried employee and we can deliver great results. See what Paddy McCracken from Rapid Connect Medical had to say about our social media marketing and SEO campaign we ran for his company.
We can improve the understanding of your business and marketing outreach through the use of analytics. We offer a complete solution with the latest technologies to solve your obstacles and scale your customer base. From the start of any project (and at every stage, step, phase, and release) we focus on the client and always ask for feedback while we develop the project. Creating a quality solution for a business or startup is our end goal. Our strategy and processes are based on solid communication with our clients. We are a digital product development company that can guide your digital marketing strategies as well.
We look forward to speaking with you about your project. Learn why clients around the world trust working with 5280 Software LLC. We support our clients from mockups, sketch, wireframes, and graphic design, development, product launch and ASO when we publish your app, and even code updates at a competitive price point. Feel free to visit us on our social sites Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or send us a LinkedIn connection request to learn about our offers to get answers to your questions. Want to hear firsthand from our previous clients the superior service we offer? Check out our testimonials! Call us today at 888.510.0833 to learn about our Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing services!
Let us turn your idea into reality!